We have two tiers of members:
voting and non-voting members.
Our voting membership is a closed group of organisations that were members of our association prior to incorporation.
Our six member organisations are:
My National Voice- Advocacy Membership
- Be informed about mental health carer issues
- Have a voice to be heard and to speak up about mental health carer issues
- Take action and contribute their ideas to our work
This membership is a non-voting membership, within Australia.
Membership is currently free & open to:
- Families & Carers - of someone experiencing mental health issues.
- Friends of MHCAA - people or groups who have an interest in mental health carer and family issues.
Benefits of the membership
- Subscription to our monthly e-newsletter
- Regular updates on issues affecting the mental health families and carers.
- Information and support through materials and ideas.
Have a voice
- Tell your story through the Our National Voice initiative
- Join dedicated carer advocates across the country and speak up and speak out about mental health carer issues. Together our voices will make a difference to ensure people with a mental illness, and their families and carers, will be understood, respected and provided with a level of treatment and support which provides them with the opportunity to be included in their community.
- We will stay in touch to share our work with you and draw on your ideas.
- You will receive invitations to take action on our advocacy and campaigns. This might include:
- Providing advice and feedback for our campaigns and advocacy
- Sending an email to a member of parliament
- Speaking with the media
- Attending an event
Apply for Membership
For information please contact
Mental Health Carers Australia
Please note: My National Voice- Advocacy Members have no right to vote at any general meeting of the Association.